Sunday, November 23, 2008

Guilt, guilt, guilt

Lauren got invited to some one's birthday party. It was boy in her class and I don't know him. All I know is that they invited the entire class to play glow in the dark golf. It was at 3:00 and Bob had to go to work at 3:30.

I didn't know what to do. It was at a type of environment that I know that she would NOT do well with. It was going to be totally overstimulating. I don't know how to explain Lauren to other people and it's not another parent's job to watch my child 100% of the time.

Another thing is that she can get kind of crazy in environments like that. She starts running and she looses all ability to focus on something for even a few microseconds. She then looses all ability to listen. She also would have difficulty doing playing golf even if everything else was fine.

I don't' want her to get a reputation as "that bad kid" nor do I want other people especially kids to feel sorry for her.

So, I had to make the decision that she couldn't go. Unfortunately, at exactly 3:00 she remembered, She's been crying since 3:00 that she wanted to go "her Tyler birthday party". I feel so bad.

Autism sucks!

No comments: