Thursday, December 10, 2009

Shocking

I was walking in the lobby of my work and someone asked me when I was due and I replied with the standard end of January. They asked the next standard question "what are you having?" Thankfully it wasn't followed by the "OMG, are you sure it's not twins remark"

But when I replied and said "I don't know, we'll find out in January" she was absolutely shocked. She said "they let you do that?" It's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. It always makes me laugh. People think that it must be against the law to not know and to chose to find out at delivery. Contrary to popular belief, you are allowed to not know and your doctor doesn't pin you down screaming "it's a" at the ultrasound.

Less than 7 weeks to go and I am ready!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That's funny.

I always ask the person "did you find out or are you waiting to find out?" I also try to add, "are you keeping it a secret?" if they know. I do the same for the names.

Will it just blow your world if it's a boy? My SIL had 3 girls, then a boy, and then another (final) girl. And I tell you what...that little boy is ALL BOY! It's fun.