Monday, June 22, 2009

Got a spot

We got a spot for OT. This a wonder of wonders.

When I took Lauren to her OT assessment, I was told that the wait time for any session was about 6 months. If I needed an early morning or late afternoon session that did not interfere with school, I could expect to wait about a year. Crazy isn't it?

The phone rang to day and offered her a spot from 7:15 8:00 Friday mornings. It will work out great. Bob doesn't work on Thursdays due to Girl Scouts so he wont' be getting home at 2:00 and have to leave the house at 6:45. It also gives hime plenty of time to get back here to get her on the bus and Ellie to preschool.

On an even more surprising note, our insurance covered her inital evaluation at 100%. I didn't have to file an appeal or anything. I'm not sure what to make of it.

No comments: