Friday, October 30, 2009

In everything

In the midst of everything, we believe He is there and He has a plan for our life.

He was there when Lauren was simply two cells and her chromosomes were already enhanced.

He was there when Bob told me he was being arrested.

He was there during the sentencing.

He was there when we lost our house to foreclosure.

He was there when we moved in with my mother in law.

He was there when I had an inkling that things weren't quite right with Lauren.

He was there when my pregnancy test turned immediately positive as I was trying to juggle a 18 month old, a 3 year old with no money and no home of our own.

He was there at Lauren's first IEP meeting.

He was there when I felt otracized by His church.

He was there after every job loss.

He was there when we packed it up and moved.

He is there with every note home about Lauren.

He is there with every medication change and therapy trial.

He was there when Lauren looked at me and said "I wish I do that like them but I can't"


And then,

He was there for the birth of all our children.

He was there when I realized their was no one I'd rather be with them Bob.

He was there when I was hired back at a job I love.

He was there when I completed probation.

He was there when we fought our insurance company and finally won.

He was there when Lauren rode a bike.

He was there when we found a great house to rent.

He was there when I got a raise.

He was there when Bob got a new job.

He was there when Lauren shouted "I see a cross, Jesus die for me and you"

He was there when she wrote her name.

He was there when Shannon says "I love you mommy"

He was there when Ellie says "You my best mommy ever"

He is there in the valleys and the mountains, in the cool summer breezes and the frightening storms, and the highs and the lows. For this I am certain, He is there.