Friday, December 5, 2008

Neuro update

took Lauren to the neurologist. It's not as easy as that sentence leads you to believe. See, we moved 1 hour and 45 minutes away from the neurologist. The neurologist that talks to her like a normal, typical everyday kid. The neuorolgist who talks to me like an educated mom who has a one child with autism and three kids 5 and under. The neurologist who said finally diagnosed her with PDD. The neurologist who said "let's do one thing at a time, that way we know what works". The neurologist who said "I will not give up until I can help her and you". The neurologist, who when I called crying in May because my husband had lost his job and we had no insurance, said "Bring her in. We'll figure something out. Remember, I get paid no matter what." The neurologist who got on the phone and researched prescriptions I could afford with all of the $4 programs. The neurologist who treats us like people and not like case studies.

An hour and forty-five minutes. that's nothing!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Praise God gas prices are lower, so it's even less than nothing to drive that far. For a doctor like that, airplane tickets might even be worth it!

Joy said...

I'm tagging you, by the way. You won't offend if you'd rather not participate -- just something fun to do if you are in the mood.

http://joyslittlesoapbox.blogspot.com/2008/12/snowball-on-way.html

Kristin said...

I would love to do it.

I'm off to email you a question.