Saturday, December 6, 2008

Snowball

I was tagged by my friend Joy.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate. Hot Chocolate of course. The person who had the idea to melt chocolate, put it in milk and heat it up holds a very special place in my heart.

2. Does Santa leave presents wrapped or just sit them under the tree? We don't really do Santa. My 5 year old is terrified of him and has passed on her terror to the others.

3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white? Actually, none as of yet. We just moved to this house in September and haven't got around to it yet. I think we'll go with white. They just appear to be so clean. However, I'll probably get what's really, really on sale after Christmas. The lights on the tree are white. It was one of the last ones on sale so I just took the first one I could get and didn't even read the box until I got home.

4. Do you hang up mistletoe? Nope, never have.

5. When do you put up Christmas decorations? The Sunday after Thanksgiving. We usually do it as a family and order pizza. We then have a birthday party for Jesus after that. We haven't got to the birthday party due to illness. Hopefully, next weekend.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding desert)? Stuffed cabage. It is a Polish food. My parents don't make it for themselves because it is a lot of work. All of my sisters love it so they always make it for us.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child. The year of the fire. My dad was the service director of the city we lived in and one year there was a fire at the house. It was freezing and the water the fireman used cause horrible ice on several of the roads. He had to go out and oversee this. I remember waiting so anxiously for him to go home. It's not really my favorite memory. It's just my most vivid.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was 12. I found the receipts for a bunch of toys.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Usually not. I think the kids will this year. It will be Christmas PJs.

10. How do you decorate the Christmas tree? With the kids. We have a collection of ornaments that mean something to us... even if it is just some that we bought to "fill" up the tree the first year we were married. They are like old friends to me.

11. Snow, like it or dread it? I like it. I mostly like the crispness of the first snow fall.

12. Can you ice skate? Absolutely not!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The necklace my husband gave me last year. I wanted to return it because it was too expensive. However, I didn't and I was able to see the love it was given with.

14. What is the important thing thing about the holidays for you? That God became one of us. That He walked among us. I strive to see the shadow of the cross in the manger. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense and it is simply another story.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Peanut butter blossoms. Just seeing them reminds me of Christmas.

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? The Jesus Birthday Party.

17. What tops your tree? A star we just bought today. We have misplaced our tree topper and the kids were complaining so I needed something now.

18. Which do you perfer giving or receiving? I love to give gifts to my children.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Mary did you know?

20. Candy Canes! Yum or Yuck? Yuck! I'm a chocolate kind of girl.

21. What do you want for Christmas? A season pass to the zoo. We only live 5 minutes away and I want to go alot with the kids.

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? I will do a lunch at work type of thing.

23. Do you dress up for Christmas or wear PJs? We will wear PJs in the morning. The girls will probably wear dresses. We'll just wear pants and a nice shirt.

24. Do you own a Santa hat? No

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? My family (life isn't fair). I love being with my sisters.

I don't have one to tag

No comments: