Tuesday, November 17, 2009

30 Weeks Yesterday

I am 30 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. It means several things to me such as I only have 10 more weeks of being pregnant. I am always pregnant until the end (or the bitter end as I often refer to it as.

However, more importantly I feel more relaxed as of 30 weeks. The cusp of viability has been pushed to almost 23 weeks. I've reviewed many claims of 23 week micropreemies. I always stand in amazement at the fragility and preserverence of life.

But I don't want to have a micropreemie. I am thankful for every day that I am pregnant because it is one more day for those organs and lungs to develop. At 30 weeks, I feel confident that I would eventually bring home a baby even with a NICU stay.

I'm still shocked that I'm having another baby in a mere 10 weeks. Maybe I should consider buying somthing. It might make it real.

No comments: